The cabbage soup diet is one of the known diet methods since the 1980s with many health benefits. This diet is mentioned to be effective for trimming the waist in just one week of treatment program. In this diet program, you can replace your regular meal with at least a serving of cabbage soup. But something important in this diet program is how to control calorie intake. Therefore, in addition to the fact that you can eat cabbage soup with the other foods that include meat and milk, you should always check the calories in it. In this way, you are able to properly have the health benefits of the cabbage soup diet.
Cabbage Soup Nutritional Information:
During the cabbage soup diet program, it is important that you organize a diet plan. Especially if you don’t want to change all your food with cabbage soup, you should calculate your calorie intake. Here is the estimated nutritional information for a cup of cabbage soup:
- Cabbage soup diet
- Calories 85
- Total fats 0.6 g
- Cholesterol 0.0 mg
- Sodium 379.0 mg
- Potassium 700.0 mg
- Total carbohydrates 21.0 g
- 0 g diet
- Sugars 12.1 g
- 2 g protein
- Vitamin A 163.0%.
- Vitamin B6 25%.
- Vitamin C 132
- Calcium 13%
- Folate 47%
- Iron 22%
- 16% Magnesium
- Niacin 21.0
- Thiamine 19%.
The 12 Health Benefits of Cabbage Soup Diet:
We can see that from a cup of cabbage soup, we can have a nutrient dense food. Therefore, it is not surprising if we can get many health benefits of the cabbage soup diet. These are some of the health benefits you can get from cabbage soup:
1. Help Control Weight:
- Just in line with the initial goal of the cabbage soup diet program, it is aimed at controlling weight.
- Weight control means that the consumption of cabbage soup is intended to use cabbage or vegetables as the main source of energy.
- The abundance of fibers in cabbage will help you control and even reduce your weight, especially when you replace all your regular meal with cabbage soup, so you will not eat anything other than fibers.
2. Digestion Aid:
- The fibers in cabbage and the other ingredients in cabbage soup will be very beneficial for digestion.
- It prevents you from having digestive problems such as constipation and hemorrhoids.
- This is possible since the fiber in cabbage is able to maintain bowel movement.
3. Reduce the Risk of Cancer:
- Not only enriched with dietary fiber, cabbage soup is also packed with beneficial antioxidants.
- Antioxidants are the main warrior to fight against free radicals in our body that are potential for cancer.
- Some studies concluded that the anti-cancer compound in cabbage called sulforaphane is able to reduce the risk of cancer including breast cancer, prostate cancer.
4. Reduce the Risk of Heart Disease:
- Fiber plays an important role in maintaining heart health.
- It helps reduce bad cholesterol, which can lead to heart disease such as coronary heart and stroke.
- A report in the American Journal of Clinical Nutrition stated that flavonoid-rich foods are effective in reducing the risk of heart disease.
5. Serves as a Detoxifier:
- Vegetables, including cabbage, have the ability to detoxify.
- It is able to eliminate toxins, waste and all unwanted material properly.
- It is possible since cabbage optimizes the functioning of the liver. In this way, the consumption of cabbage soup is also able to improve the body’s immunity.
6. Protects from Radiotherapy:
- An investigation by Georgetown University found that a compound found in cabbage is able to protect the body from lethal radiation.
- It can also be applied in people who are undergoing radiotherapy for cancer, since it reduces the side effect of radiotherapy.
7. It is Good for the Eyes:
- Cabbage is rich in beta carotene.
- It is very good for keeping eyes healthy.
- Especially if you add some other vegetables in your cabbage soup like carrot and tomato, which is the excellence for eye health.
- You can also have the added benefits of tomatoes for eye health.
The Other Health Benefits of the Cabbage Soup Diet May Include the Following Benefits:
- Improve the immune system
- Reduce blood pressure
- Reduce inflammation
- Regulate blood sugar
- Promotes liver health
Recommendation to Follow a Cabbage Soup Diet:
As mentioned earlier, to continue with the cabbage soup diet, you must make a diet plan with vegetables, especially cabbage. Here is the example of the cabbage soup diet plan:
Day 1: Eat only cabbage and banana soup throughout the day. If you put banana on the breakfast menu, you can get the health benefits of eating banana in the morning.
Day 2: Eat only cabbage soup with root vegetables such as carrot and radish for breakfast and lunch. For dinner, you can eat baked potatoes with butter.
Day 3: Eat cabbage soup, green vegetables and fruits throughout the day. Be sure to avoid starchy vegetables such as vegetables, beets, yams, carrots, corn and peas.
Day 4: you can have cabbage soup, banana and also skim milk. So, do not worry if you have a craving for sweets, since on this fourth day, you will be able to get it.
Day 5: drink cabbage soup twice a day. Eat low-fat meat during one of the meals. For example, you can eat organic meat or skinless chicken with tomato and onion sauce. It will also have the health benefits of tomatoes and onions.
Day 6: Eat a cabbage soup diet at least once a day with beef and vegetables.
Day 7: Eat at least a serving of cabbage soup with brown rice, vegetables and drink low-sugar orange juice. On this seventh day, you can also get the Health Benefits of Brown Rice for Health and the Health Benefits of Drinking Orange Juice Every Day.
The recommended serving of cabbage soup is two cups for a single serving. By applying this diet plan, you are expected to be able to obtain the optimal health benefits of the cabbage soup diet. Don’t you see that the cabbage soup diet is easier and simpler than any other type of diet program?