Potato soup is one of the dishes that provide large families with many nutrients; it has been used for centuries as a dietary menu for diabetics. In addition, there are many other nutrients from the potato to the body, such as vitamin B6, B1, B3 and B5, vitamin C, potassium, phosphorus and other minerals. Therefore, the potato is a very good staple to consume. You need to try several potato dishes, especially potato soup. There are many types of potato soups such as potato leek soup and creamy potato soup. Both types of potato soups are beneficial for body health. As additional information we can tell you that potato is a type of tuber that provides health benefits, in addition to the benefits of cassava. It is edible and is used mainly by people. It can grow from 12 to 18 inches.
It has a round or oval shape and has several sizes. Its meat is usually bright white, pink or light brown, depending on the variety, texture and moisture. There is a particular variety of potato that has butter texture. There are many varieties of potatoes, such as green, purple, Irish, among others. In their country of origin, the potato becomes the main staple of the local community. No wonder because the potato is one of the sources of carbohydrates that are the source of energy of the human being.
Nutritional Information of Potato Soup:
Potato contains substances such as carbohydrates, proteins and vitamins such as vitamin C, vitamin E, vitamin K and minerals such as phosphorus, potassium, iron, calcium and other important nutrients. These nutrients are very beneficial to consume in the daily menu. The different nutritional contents of each 100 grams of potato are listed below.
- Nutritional Value Per 100 G (3.5 Oz)
- Energy 322 kJ (77 kcal)
- Carbohydrates 17.47 g
- Starch 15.3 g
- Sugars 0.8 g
- Fiber 2.1 g
- 0 g fat
- Thiamine (B1) 0.08 mg
- Riboflavin (B2) 0.03 mg
- Niacin (B3) 1.05 mg
- Pantothenic acid (B5) 0.296 mg
- Vitamin B6 0.295 mg
- Folate (B9) 16 μg
- Vitamin C 19.7 mg
- Vitamin E 0.01 mg
- Vitamin K 1.9 μg
- Calcium 12 mg
- Iron 0.78 mg
- Magnesium 23 mg
- Manganese 0.153 mg
- Phosphorus 57 mg
- Potassium 421 mg
- Sodium 6 mg
- Zinc 0.29 mg
- Water 79 g
15 Benefits of Potato Soup for Health:
Here are the Health Benefits of Potato Soup:
1. Rich in Vitamins and Minerals:
- Potato soup becomes one of the staple foods that provides a source of starch, vitamins, minerals and fiber.
- Each 100 grams of potato contains 70 calories and low amounts of fat and cholesterol.
- The vitamin content will be beneficial for the health of the body.
2. Rich in Fiber:
- Potato soup is a good source of soluble and insoluble fiber.
- The dietary fiber contained in the potato is able to help prevent constipation, reduce the absorption of dietary cholesterol and lower bad LDL cholesterol.
- In addition, fiber will help protect against intestinal polyps and cancer.
3. Loaded with Alpha-Lipoic Acid:
- Alpha-lipoic acid is one of the substances found in the nutrients in potato soup.
- It has the ability to help convert glucose into energy.
- In addition to that, researchers have found that it can also control blood glucose levels, protect against retinopathy in diabetic people, preserve the brain and nerve tissues, and improve vasodilation.
- In addition to consuming potato soup as a disease of diabetes, you can try some natural sources for the treatment of diabetes.
4. Prevents Cancer:
- The vitamin B6 contained in the potato is able to fight against the appearance of the formation of tumors within the body that can trigger cancer, especially prostate cancer in men and cervical cancer in women.
- Eating potato soup will prevent the growth of cancer cells in the body.
5. Reduce Cholesterol:
- Potato soup benefit in reducing cholesterol levels derived from the mineral potassium content.
- As we can see, potassium helps block the accumulation of cholesterol in the blood.
- Low-calorie potato can be your low-cholesterol diet menu.
6. Reduce the Risk of Kidney Stones:
- Potato soup has many health benefits.
- The properties of calcium in the nutrients of potato soup can trigger the formation of kidney stones, but its rich properties of magnesium can resist calcium in kidney tissues.
7. Promotes Bone Health:
- Potato soup is excellent for bones; The iron properties found in potatoes guarantee the ability of potatoes to help bone growth and health.
- The iron, calcium, phosphorus, magnesium and zinc present in potatoes are a perfect combination to build and build bone structure and strength.
8. Lower High Blood Pressure:
- High blood pressure can be known through some symptoms of high blood pressure.
- In order to reduce the high blood pressure you need to take a high potassium intake.
- Other sources of substances such as potassium, magnesium and calcium are substances that are believed to reduce high blood pressure.
- You can get enough of these substances by eating potato soup.
9. Promotes Heart Health:
- There are many nutrients contained in potato soup that can support healthy heart performance, such as fiber, potassium, vitamin C and vitamin B-6, and etc.
- In addition, potato soup has no cholesterol, which is very good for the heart.
10. Build Cell Formation:
- Vitamin B6 is one of the essential vitamins necessary to perform the processing of the chemical reactions necessary to form cells in the body.
- Vitamin B6 takes more than 100 enzymatic reactions.
- The enzyme itself is a type of protein that causes the appearance of chemical reactions.
- Most proteins and amino acids require vitamin B6 for synthesis in the formation of DNA in the body.
- For this, vitamin B6 is also necessary for the manufacture of new cell cells in our body.
11. Promotes the Health of the Brain and Nerves:
- The high content of vitamin B6 is also very useful for brain health and helps in the nerve transmission process.
12. Treat Inflammation:
- The properties of choline in potato soup have inflammation treatments.
- In addition to treating inflammations, it also helps maintain cell membrane structures, improving fat absorption, transmitting nerve impulses and promoting early brain development.
13. Improve the Digestive System:
- Potato soup provides the fiber content that helps prevent constipation and promote the healthy digestive tract.
- In addition, it can also prevent other digestive problems.
14. Promotes Immunity:
- Some research found that one of the benefits of vitamin C is able to reduce various ailments and prevent cold symptoms.
15. Skin Health:
- In addition to promoting the immune system, vitamin C can also be your support system to promote skin health.
- It is obtained from the content of collagen.
- The antioxidant properties of vitamin C will help collagen prevent wrinkles.
- In addition, it improves the general health of the skin and prevents its contamination.
Caution and Warning:
- Potatoes may contain poisonous substances such as alkaloids, solanine and chaconin.
- A high concentration of alkaloids under the skin can increase exposure to sunlight.
- High temperature cooked potatoes above 170 ° C will probably destroy these poisonous substances.
- If these poisons are consumed in large quantities they can cause headaches, muscle cramps, and even in the worst case they can cause weight loss and unconsciousness.