Should you follow a soft diet? Discover what you can eat and what you should avoid.Has your doctor recommended a soft diet and you have no idea what to eat?We will give you a very easy option to follow and that will also be of great help in dealing with your medical problem. Therefore, you will know what foods are allowed in the soft diet. Usually, the soft diet is recommended before and after some medical procedures. It is also common to need it when your stomach is having problems with diarrhea, gas or intolerance of some kind.
Other case where it is recommended is to treat gastroenteritis or inflammation.
- The objective of the foods allowed in the soft diet is to facilitate the digestive process.
- At the same time, it also gives you the necessary nutrients.
Keep reading and take note of the best foods to start with this food recommendation.
1. Meats and Substitutes
There are those who think that meats are excluded from the foods allowed in the soft diet. However, this is totally false.
- The reality is that you always need to consume this kind of products.
What you should take into account is that they are lean meats prepared in the simplest way possible.
- Try to avoid all kinds of dressings and fried preparations.
- What you can take advantage of are spices and other natural substitutes.
The products allowed in this type of diet are:
- Chicken without skin or fat.
- Lean meat.
2. Fruits and Juices
Other foods allowed in the soft diet are fruits and also their juices. The juices must be completely natural and also as fresh as possible but without pulp.
- This is because the pulp contains high amounts of fiber, which makes it difficult for the stomach to work.
In the case of apples and pears, it is advisable to cook them in a little water to soften them. You should also avoid seeds and skin. The Best Options are:
“Vegetables are one of the best foods allowed in the soft diet”.
Due to the great variety, you will easily find options to your liking.
- The ideal thing to prepare them is to cook them, boil them or also steamed them.
- In this case it is not advisable to roast them as it is difficult to digest them.
- You can also prepare juices or smoothies but it is recommended to strain them.
The best vegetable options in this type of diet are:
- Sweet potato.
- Tomato without shell.
While your diet lasts, avoid fried vegetables or any type of oil at all costs.
4. Grains and Cereals: Foods Allowed in the Soft Diet
Although fiber can be difficult to process, these are foods allowed in the soft diet.
- We only recommend that the cereals be cooked to the point where they are very soft.
In this case, it is recommended that you choose normal pasta and white rice. These are easier to process and will also make you feel sated with less quantity. You can include:
- Cooked oatmeal
- White rice
5. Dairy Products
You will love to know that one of the foods allowed in the soft diet are dairy products. They allow you to prepare most of the foods mentioned here in a pleasant way. For example, you can use milk to prepare your oatmeal or rice for breakfast.
- When choosing your milk try to be low in fat and lactose.
- Some options are: milk, regular cheese, yogurt and also cottage cheese.
By having this ingredient allowed, you can play with several options and experiment. Remember that to give flavor you can include a little honey or also light spices.
6. Desserts and Processed Products
It is usually not advisable to consume these foods, but they are part of the foods allowed in the soft diet.
- We will recommend only basic products but you must take care of the portions.
- Remember that they can affect other aspects of your health.
It is important that you avoid desserts and also products with coconut, seeds, nuts and the like. These foods are difficult to process and synthesize by your stomach. What you can consume is:
- Cookies without nuts or seeds.
- Cream ice cream.
- Brown sugar
7. Herbs and Spices
The last of the foods allowed in the soft diet will allow you to flavor what you consume.
- One of the challenges is to follow the diet because of how tasteless some foods are.
Try to take advantage of the delicious flavor of herbs, spices and a touch of salt. However, the only thing you should avoid is:
- Fresh herbs
- Pepper in grain
The rest of the spices and salt can be used. Just remember to avoid excesses.
soft diet meal plan, healthy soft foods, soft foods for braces, soft food recipes after surgery, dental soft diet, soft breakfast foods, soft food recipes for the elderly, semi soft foods, lisachanson.com, lisachanson, lisa c hanson reviews
#softdietmealplan #healthysoftfoods #softfoodsforbraces #softfoodrecipesaftersurgery #dentalsoftdiet #softbreakfastfoods #softfoodrecipesfortheelderly #semisoftfoods #lisachansoncom #lisachanson #lisachansonreviews